Revision Joint Replacement
Knee is basically made up of femur (thighbone connecting hip to the knee), tibia (shinbone connecting knee to ankle) and patella (kneecap – a small bone in front of knee and riding on knee joint as knee bends).
Knee revision surgery is more prevalent in today’s date because of increased activity levels, an increase in life expentancy and other demographics related to this procedure. As it is a complex procedure, Knee revision surgery is performed by orthopedic surgeons who are MD and have undergone specialized training in this form of surgical treatment of disorders related to musculoskeletal system. The surgeon also takes risk factors into account while assessing failed knee prosthesis.
Failed Primary Arthroplasty
Post Revision Joint Replacement
Some of the reasons for Revision Joint Replacement Surgery include:
- Pain in knee joints
- Plastic (polyethylene) wear down
- Instability of the knee
- Loosening of femoral, tibial or patella implant
- Infections that may show in form of swelling or acute fever
- Osteolysis (bone loss) that occurs due to particles released into knee joints which in turn destroy the bones
Further, some of the identified factors that have increased a patient’s risk of requiring revision surgery include:
- Age factor as younger more active patients experience rapid wear out of knee prostheses in comparison to older ones
- Concurrent diseases
- Any form of arthritis
- Surgical complications faced during primary knee operation
To know more please check our FAQ section…
It is a technically demanding surgery and requires extensive experience to perform successfully…..why………. 20 years of experience ……… The Revision Joint Replacement Surgery for Knee is led by experienced and well trained clinical team led by Dr. L. Tomar to perform Joint replacement surgeries. Dr. L. Tomar, is a Board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon holding specialization in Knee Replacement Surgery.
Some of the pre-operative and post operative benefits provided by him and his team include:
- Rich practice experience in large multi-specialty group having representation of all areas of orthopaedic surgery
- Opd consultation is provided by experienced ortho Surgeons
- Dedicated theatres equipped with state-of-the-art technology instruments for conducting Joint Replacements and Trauma Surgery
- Well equipped for treating all types of musculo-skeletal problems that can range from Trauma Surgery to Minimally Invasive Arthroscopy Surgery
- Specialization in surgery for joint replacements, knee surgery, and physical therapy concerning rehabilitation
- Services performed backed by latest technology and advanced skill support
- Facility of computer navigation and imaging technique for advanced joint replacement surgery
- Expertise in providing cutting edge diagnostic and treatment facilities in orthopaedics
- Services backed by advanced medical equipment that is required for providing emergency care
- Expertise in utilizing minimal access surgery approach
Surgery exists as method of correcting problems and improving patient’s condition, a common goal of the patients and the surgeon. Our medical team led by experienced Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. L. Tomar is available any time to answer questions related to pre-operative and post operative surgery. Please note that best results can only be achieved when patients provide right information, are well informed, motivated and confident.